Thursday, April 23, 2009

What does it take ...

for a photographer to actually, truly have a session for her own kids? Well, for me apparently it is 4 things intersecting at the same time. First, (this is really two-in-one) both my daughters have birthdays coming up. Marin will be 3 this weekend and Brynn will be 6 this summer. I have no idea how THAT happened. They think they are so big, but really it's still fun when they are still small. Second, we finally decided what to do with a room on the main floor that I haven't a clue what to do with up until now, and I really, really wanted to created a super-amazing-cool-creative piece of art for above the new couch (the couch is on order and expected to arrive in May ... it's soooo hard waiting for new furniture isn't it!). Thirdly, my youngest has some hair ... finally ... albeit sort of wild and crazy. Lastly, the light is getting warmer and sweeter every day and it just had to be a part of this moment. Wrapping the girls in warm sun and shining on their relationship with each other as it is growing and changing. The session had such a beautiful, casual, natural feel. Just the way we like it. I am entirely grateful they cooperated.

Here are some of my favorites from the girl's session, and once I have the piece finished and hanging I will share that too. I am even more excited for that than the couch. Now that is saying something! I hope everyone feels this way about their portraits. I can't wait!










No comments:

Post a Comment