Thursday, August 20, 2009

Up North

We just returned from a wonderful family vacation up north and I thought I would share some of the highlights! The girls voted that having smores over a campfire every night was a must. Mission accomplished ... I've never eaten so many marshmellows. They are fat free right? Here's the girls around the first fire, which I am sad to say took almost an entire newspaper to get going. My grandfather (who taught me everything I know about fires and boating) would have been disappointed initially but happy to that we didn't grab the lighter fluid like our beach neighbors:).

Brynn caught her very first fish on this trip and she is hooked on fishing. She started with this 2lb large mouth bass, then caught a little bass, then a bullhead. We called it a day at that point. I love her sisters expression:). This is one of my favorite vacation pictures of all time.

We took the girls mini golfing. Marin, my 3 year old, won almost every hole (she had a two putt strategy working to her advantage ... hit the ball, no matter where it lands pick it up and set it next to the hole, then putt it in). She's so smart:).



Here's the amazing sandcastle we built, complete with decorations. Unfortunately the beach neighbors on the other side thought they should knock it down. It was fun while it lasted.


I hope everyone is enjoying these last bits of summer before the hustle and bustle of the school year commences! Just a friendly reminder that our fall sessions are booking quickly, please call today if you are interested in a fall session. Our holiday cut off is October 31st to have gifts for the holidays. Thanks! Can't wait to see you! Melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment