Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sharing Talents






How do photographers create images of their own families? Seriously? This is a question I have been pondering for quite awhile, and then I met Tera of Tera Windfeldt Photography, and the answer was clear! Earlier this fall Tera and I met with our families in tow and photographed each others families in a beautiful park. I am thrilled to have created portraits of her wonderful boys. And in return I have beautiful family portraits of my own family and me with my girls. The most important thing I learned from the experience (besides that I cry when I see my family captured so beautifully too) is that every parent should have portraits created of themselves with each of their children. It is something we do, but oh it is so special to have. I loved how Tera's oldest son is now almost as tall as she is, and the middle son is silly when he is around her, and the youngest - what a cutie pie! She will always have her with each of her boys and I will now have me with my girls. I know I will treasure it. Thank you Tera!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures!! I may be a little partial--being this is my sister and her family, but you really captured wonderfully genuine images of them!!

    ReplyDelete